Saturday, September 6, 2014

Foundations in Comic Book Art Fundamental Tools and Techniques for Sequential Artists by John Paul Lowe

A Book Review for you…5 out of 5 stars:
Foundations in Comic Book Art Fundamental Tools and Techniques for Sequential Artists by John Paul Lowe:
The Title Says It All:
I love this book! Fantastic! Awesome. It is fast reading, so fast that I read it in all of two hours, and that was taking it slow. I‘ve always enjoyed reading comic books and even now, I still read a couple now and then. I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up. If you love comic books or know someone that does, I can recommend you purchase this without hesitation. The title says it all: Comic Book Art Fundamental Tools and techniques for sequential artists. Comic book artists will easily and quickly benefit from this book, but so can any other artist. The book is in full color with sample sketches and step by step instructions.

 
Written by John Paul Lowe, a teacher at the Savannah College of Art and Design, his career in comics began with DC comics in 1991. Flipping through the nearly heavy stock of this book, you know right away that this author knows what he is talking about.
Examples from the works of SCAD faculty, alumni and students are paired with Lowe’s easy to follow step by step lessons with exercises for readers.

 
Contents include: Anyone Can Draw, Learning to See, Perspective Basics, The Figure, Visual Problem Solving and Inking.
Overall, a fantastic book that any comic book lover, enthusiast or visual artist will enjoy.  This is a treasure.
 
Remember my book reviews can also be found at amazon.com, goodreads.com, bloggingforbooks.org and my website blog: sjfranciswriter.com.
Thanks so much for visiting. It is greatly appreciated! Stay safe and happy! :)
 
 
"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."
 
 
Until next review, stay safe. Smile! Show compassion to others. Be nice to one another. Read a book and pass it on. Review it. Cheers!
Regards,
S.J. Francis
In Shattered Lies: "It's All About Family."  Coming in 2015 from Black Opal Books.
My Black Opal Books Author Page:
View My ShoutOut:  http://bit.ly/1r3oynM
A Book Review 4 U: abookreview4u.blogspot.com
A Consumer's View: aconsumersview.blogspot.com
OnefortheAnimals:    onefortheanimals.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment